Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Ready or not, it's time!

About 3 weeks ago I received a text from a dear friend asking me if it was ok to mention me and my husband in her blog, www.iamcrowned.blogspot.com  She stated that our faces kept coming up when she was thinking about her next write up and wanted our permission to use our names.

You see, my friend and her husband went through a season of many challenges.  That's pretty normal especially if you're married, right?  However, in the midst of their challenges they willingly sought out for guidance, wisdom and counsel.  Now that's NOT normal!  My friend and her husband came to us not because we offered the perfect guidance, ultimate wisdom or sound counsel but because we were safe to them.  If you're not familiar with the term "Safe Place" I would encourage you to read my post dated September 1, 2009 titled "Creating A Safe Place".

In the many years that my husband and I have counseled numerous couples we have experienced a common thread about us.  That thread is "safety".  I give all the credit to my heavenly Father because He is the one that created us and placed within us the gift of "safety" for others to experience!  We serve a BIG God and a GOOD God!  He has great plans for all of us.  Plans to succeed and plans to  prosper in our relationships, marriages, business, ministry, parenting and all that is placed before us!!!  He is our place of safety!

The second part or request in my friends text to me was that she wanted to promote me and my husbands marriage ministry, Solid Life International.  As soon as I read the part about promoting us I immediately got the picture of a hand gently pushing me and my husband out and saying "Ready or not, it's time".  This image brought up emotions of excitement!

I immediately shared the text with my husband and he expressed the same excitement but took it one step further.  I was not prepared or ready for what he was about to say to me.  He said "That's awesome…maybe time for you to start blogging for Solid Life International".  Whoa wait a minute, the image I got was the two of us gently being pushed out to do this thing called marriage ministry not me doing a blog.  Like I stated early, we serve a BIG God and a GOOD God which means something big is about to happen.  

I've always had this fear of writing and to top it off I  believed the lie that I'm not a good writer.  My sweet friend, Ronnie once said to me that fears and lies are nothing but a distraction from the enemy.  There is truth to that statement.  My last post is dated September 2009, which means that for 6 years I allowed the enemy to distract me from writing a blog about life, women, marriages, relationships, encouragement, hope and Gods goodness.  Ready or not, it's time to experience new levels of Gods goodness!!!    

My husband, my best friend, my confident, my lover, my #1 supporter, and my daily gift from above said to me "The true you was ready then, now it's time".   It's because of his support and encouragement that I am sharing this blog and will continue to share.   

Thank you my love for believing in me, for your unfailing love and for being you!!!


James 1:2-4 Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides.  You know that under pressure, your faith life is forced into the open and shows its true colors.  So don't try to get out of anything prematurely.  Let it do its work so you become mature and well developed, not deficient in any way.

1 comment:

  1. Lina I am so proud of you! This has been a long time coming and no perfect timing than God's timing. I love, love your blog. You have so much wisdom to offer and I love the statement "Ready or not, it's time." We are never fully ready huh? I'm so glad you said YES! I can't wait to read more. Love you.
    Gina
    www.iamcrownedproject.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete